Chinese Characters Flash Cards Mobile App
Ready to read Chinese? Inside the FULL version are all the Chinese characters you’ll ever need! (Unless you’re planning to study nuclear physics at Peking University). This FREE version lets you test out 50 of our 3200 most commonly seen written Chinese characters before you purchase the full version.
As Chinese learners ourselves, we carefully engineered Learn Chinese Characters by WCC to give you the most efficient method to learn Chinese characters and build useful vocabulary.
Here’s how it works: Chinese has an estimated 50,000 characters. Some Chinese characters are rarely ever encountered while some appear in nearly every other sentence. For this reason, we help you learn in a systematic sequence starting from the statistically most commonly occurring Chinese characters.
You may be surprised to discover that learning just the most common character “的” alone will yield you a 3.72% literacy rate in Chinese. Learning just our top 50 most common Chinese characters will yield you a 29.08% literacy rate. In addition, each character comes with seven of the most common examples of how the character is used when integrated into a word or phrase.
This valuable learning tool will be useful to your studies whether you are a beginner or an advanced learner.
Character Flash Card App Features
• Completely offline. Practice and learn anywhere you go!
• 50 of our top 3200 most commonly seen characters with Simplified and Traditional variations, pinyin, definitions, Cantonese pronunciation in Yale and Jyutping, Cangjie, four corner, radical, and stroke count.
• Spoken voice pronunciation by a native-speaking Putonghua professor who has a “putonghua shuiping ceshi” top-level certification.
• Our pinyin voice recordings are the most complete in the industry including “fifth tone” sounds and “combined syllable” sounds such as those combining “儿” as a suffix.
• Each character includes a list of the seven most commonly used “Usage Examples” complete with definition, pinyin, and voice pronunciation.
• Option for color-coded Chinese character tones.
• Choice of displaying pinyin tones by Tone Marks or Tone Numbers.
• “Red Characters” quickly identify where Simplified and Traditional forms are different. Additionally, you can toggle between Simplified and Traditional while viewing the flashcard.
• Powerful search system with pinyin wildcard functionality. You can search by pinyin, English, Chinese characters, radicals, stroke count, and even rank number.
• Compare function that allows you to compare two characters of your choice side by side.
• Audio accounts for tone changes (Tone Sandhi) when specific combination of characters are used together. (ie. 不 and 一 combinations)