This is episode four of Two White Chicks in China with Hollie and Nora!
This week our question comes from Andrew in South Carolina who asks “How is shopping different in China? Are there things that you can find in China that you can’t find in your home countries? And anything you can get in your home country that you can’t find in China?”
In This Episode We Talk About…
- The rise of the unicycle in China!
- Being able to buy alligator and turtle meat in your local supermarket.
- Knock offs – fake iPhones, handbags and dodgy T-shirt translations.
- Buying weird, but yummy fruits like snake fruit, mangosteen and pomelo.
- Our relief at living so close to Hong Kong and not having to spend a fortune on rent.
- Nora’s hunt for a non-granny two-piece bathing suit.
- Lack of ladies hair removal and feminine products.
- Whitener in shower gel, facial wash, make-up and umbrellas at the beach.
- Our desperate need for cheese!
- Making our own yogurt, bread and cakes.
- The Chinese word for Supermarket– 超市 (chāo shì)
- Send us a voicemail!
People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
Episode Length 28:30
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next Wednesday for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners!
If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!