Here’s episode 7 of Two White Chicks in China!
This week our question is from Mike, in Chicago who asks us “Are there any new activities in China that you didn’t do at home?”
In This Episode We Talk About…
- A restaurant owner drugging his customers with opiates to keep them coming back for more!
- Ping-Pong and how serious Chinese people about playing.
- Playing badminton EVERYWHERE!
- The importance of routine and exercise, including walking backwards and clapping your hands.
- Communal dancing in the park.
- ‘Organised fun’ – party/team building activities like 3 legged races.
- Everyone’s love of KTV – tone deaf singing in a room with friends.
- ‘Hanging out’ with Chinese friends.
- Drinking culture – etiquette of tea drinking.
- Bargaining and ‘fake shopping’
- Chinese prices and foreign prices
- Our Chinese word of the week is Hobby – 爱好 (ài hào)
- Send us a voicemail!
People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
Episode Length 34:36
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next Wednesday for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners!
If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!
Thanks for listening guys!
– Hollie & Nora