Here’s Two White Chicks in China Episode 9 with Hollie and Nora!
This week our question comes from Chris who originates from Perth in Australia (now lives in Shenzhen) who asks us “What should I buy to give to my girlfriends Mom when I visit at Chinese New Year?”
In This Episode We Talk About…
- Extreme Snow Yoga in Hunan.
- Our Question from Chris.
- Meeting the in-laws.
- Find out their hobbies and interests.
- Different customs in each province or family.
- Meat, especially live chickens!
- Fruit baskets, but no pears!
- Birds nest soup – yak!
- Imported cookies and chocolate.
- Imported face masks and vitamins.
- Don’t be cheap!
- Wrap in red and gold!
- Good ‘ol cash!
- Gifts for Dad: wine, cigarettes and tea.
- Things not to buy…
- Clocks, umbrellas and shoes.
- Homonym hatred!
- When to give gifts and how to behave with the in-laws.
- Our Chinese word of the week is ‘Gift’ – 礼物 (lǐ wù)
- Send us a voicemail!
Episode Length 23:57
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next Wednesday for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners!
If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!
Thanks for listening guys!
– Hollie & Nora