Today’s question comes from Ashley, who asks us how we managed to learn Chinese.
If you want to ask us a question just go to our voicemail page and leave us your question!
In This Episode, We Talk About…
- Nora’s fact: From zero skyscrapers in 1978 to 283, how Shenzhen got put on the map.
- Hollie’s news: Thousands hunt for mysterious creature, hearing dragon’s humming.
The Mistakes We Made:
1. 1 word = 1 Chinese character
2. Saying things too slowly
3. Trying to translate from English
4. Ignoring Chinese characters / trying to memorize by writing them over and over again
5. Being worried about speaking and understanding
6. Sticking to comfortable environments
7. Avoiding communicating until I’ve studied more
- Our word of the episode is ‘study’ 学习 (xué xí)
- You can support us on Patreon!
- Check out our new Chinese character course.
- If you have a question for us, please send us a voicemail or leave us a message below!
People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
- To learn more Chinese words, you can try out our Online Dictionary
- Send us a Voicemail!
- Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Two White Chicks Facebook page!
Episode Length 00:59:11
- Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners! If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Or download to your Android device using Podbean.
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review wherever you’re listening!
- Alternatively, you can leave us a comment below!
Thanks for listening, guys! – Hollie & Nora