Welcome back to the Two White Chicks in China podcast, episode 15!
Our question this week comes from Sean in California, who is ‘pretty fit’ and wants to come over to China soon. Sean asks “How often do you see gyms in China? Do they have gyms like we have like LA Fitness or 24 Hour Fitness?”
Don’t forget, the second half of Sean’s question will be answered in Episode 17!
In This Episode We Talk About…
- Thank you everyone for your support, questions and comments on our pages and Facebook. We really appreciate it!
- We’d love a review, hint hint!
- The rise of the Stand-up Comedian!
- Anyone heard of ‘Crimping‘?
- The ‘famous’ comedian Russel Peters does stand up in China and pokes fun of Chinese people!
- Comedy developing in China. Watch this stand up in Beijing with American, 艾杰西
- Here’s the comedy Nora mentioned in the podcast.
- Our question from Sean.
- There are LOADS of gyms in China!
- Check out the facilities first.
- Don’t pay attention to the weedy physique of the guys advertising!
- Quality of the equipment.
- Gyms in four star Hotels.
- Visit the gym when you’ll be using the facilities.
- Opening times and busy periods.
- Bargain the price. You can get a huge reduction if you’re persuasive!
- Punch card system or gym ‘hopping’.
- What it’s like in the gym (listen to Episode 13 for more about this).
- High heels and jeans.
- Belly dancing, ‘sexiness’ and yoga.
- Nora adds weights after a Chinese guy…
- Older people and exercise.
- Field sports like rugby and football (soccer to you Americans).
- Beware of the WeChat ‘bombardment’!
- Our Chinese word of the week is ‘exercise’ – 运动 (yùn dòng)
- Send us a voicemail!
Here’s a funny video we came across of ladies exercising in the 1940s!
People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
Episode Length 43:52
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next Wednesday for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners!
If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!
Thanks for listening guys!
– Hollie & Nora