Welcome to a special musical episode of Two White Chicks in China featuring Spanish band GAS!
This week our question is from Nick, in Texas who asks us “Are there any good bands singing in Mandarin?”
In This Episode We Talk About…
- A restaurant made of ice-cubes opens in Shenyang. See some beautiful pictures and read more here!
- Harbin ice palaces!
- Getting right to it: Music in China!
- Hollie’s favorite Chinese song: 小苹果 by the Chopstick Brothers. Check out the Youtube video or the Youku video.
- Korean plastic surgery and double eyelids?!
- We introduce Spanish band, GAS! (You can hear their music in the background!)
- We ask Jordy and Salvador why they started writing music in Chinese.
- What do Chinese people think of their music?
- People in Taiwan and HK LOVE GAS!
- Do the other band members sing in Chinese?
- ‘Naughty’ lyrics and translating from Spanish to Chinese! Check out ‘The Everlasting Freshman’ by GAS
- Conservative Chinese pop music.
- Do they listen to other Mandarin music?
- What’s the future for GAS?
- The Chinese for music 音乐 (yīn yuè).
- Send us a voicemail!
People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
Episode Length 20:51
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next Wednesday for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners!
If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!