Today’s question comes from Melissa. She asks, ‘How do you bake in China without an oven?’
If you want to ask us a question just go to our voicemail page and leave us your question!
In This Episode, We Talk About…
- Nora’s fact about China: Chinese Woman Drops in on Work Colleagues from a Height of 300 Metres
- Hollie’s news: Woman discovers hidden camera inside Uniqlo dressing room in Shenzhen
- Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners using the toaster oven
- Baking cakes and bread
- Making stock for soups, homemade hummus, salsa, etc
- Making ‘taco’ and fajita mix
- Lack of DIY culture in China
- Handicrafts emerging slowly
- The emergence of ‘Maker’ movement
- Most people don’t even have a toolbox at home
- Our word of the episode is ‘oven’ 烤箱 (kǎo xiāng)
- You can now support us on Patreon!
- Check out our new ‘Ultimate Packing List for China‘ (contains affiliate links)
- If you have a question for us, please send us a voicemail or leave us a message below! People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
- To learn more Chinese words, you can try out our Online Dictionary
- Send us a Voicemail!
- Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Two White Chicks Facebook page!
Episode Length 00:30:49
- Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners! If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Or download to your Android device using Podbean.
- Download the Chinese app 荔枝FM (Lizhi FM) and search for Two White Chicks in China or FM854237. Follow the instructions for using Lizhi here.
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review wherever you’re listening!
- Alternatively, you can leave us a comment below!
Thanks for listening, guys! – Hollie & Nora