Today’s question comes from Mike. He asks, ‘Is it common for Chinese families not to tell a loved one that they have cancer?’
If you want to ask us a question just go to our voicemail page and leave us your question!
In This Episode, We Talk About…
- Nora’s fact: An update with some actual concrete info regarding China’s latest visa expert policies.
- Hollie’s news: Hebei farmer has spent 17 years growing trees into chairs.
- We discuss some of the themes of The Farewell, also known as 别告诉她 (bié gào su tā) ‘Don’t Tell Her’, including:
- individualism vs collectivism
- how cancer and death is dealt with in China and Chinese families
- the ethics of lying
- the doctor’s dilemma
- Listen to our episode on honoring the dead in China
- Our word of the episode is ‘don’t’ 别 (bié)
- You can now support us on Patreon!
- Check out our new Chinese character course.
- If you have a question for us, please send us a voicemail or leave us a message below! People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
- To learn more Chinese words, you can try out our Online Dictionary
- Send us a Voicemail!
- Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Two White Chicks Facebook page!
Episode Length 00:46:08
- Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners! If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Or download to your Android device using Podbean.
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review wherever you’re listening!
- Alternatively, you can leave us a comment below!
Thanks for listening, guys! – Hollie & Nora