We’re back for another episode of Two White Chicks in China!
This week we’re doing things a little differently and we’re answering 3 similar questions all about working and becoming an entrepreneur in China!
Mark asked us: Please address the entrepreneurial environment for Americans in Shenzhen. Is it possible to hit big and get rich or is that only for CCP people?
Daniel asked us: Is it possible to get work other than teaching in China?
Finally, Kathy also asked us: What are other possible job options in China other than teaching?
Oh by the way, here’s how to leave us a message on Wechat: Click on the ‘keyboard’ icon in the left bottom corner of Wechat so that the menu bar turns into a box to type. Now you can leave us a message!
I would like to add, and also apologise for a bit of a mix up. When you listen to the podcast you’ll realize I messed up a bit with the questions! Sorry guys!
In This Episode, We Talk About…
- Comments from y’all!
- GET YOUR FREE WCC DICTIONARY FLASHCARDS! Use the promocode ‘twowhitechicks’ for your free set of dating flashcards. Read these instructions to claim your Chinese flashcards!
- Our fact of the week: Chinese men urged to donate sperm in order to buy new iPhone 6s.
- Our questions
- Typical jobs foreigners do in China…
- …and some less typical ones.
- Best cities for business.
- Niche markets
- Chinese partners and visas.
- Advantages and disadvantages of doing business in China.
- Some successful foreign entrepreneurs in China. Find out more about them here.
- Check out some books about doing business in China here:
- China’s Second Continent: How a Million Migrants Are Building a New Empire in Africa [Howard W. French]
- One Billion Customers: Lessons from the Front Lines of Doing Business in China [James McGregor]
- Factory Girls: From Village to City in a Changing China [Leslie T. Chang]
- Mr. China: A Memoir [Tim Clissold]
- Chinese Rules: Mao’s Dog, Deng’s Cat, and Five Timeless Lessons from the Front Lines in China [Tim Clissold]
- Don’t forget to download your free Chinese flashcards for the WCC Dictionary. Use the promo code ‘twowhitechicks’. Find our how here!
- Our Chinese word of the week is ‘创业者‘ (chuàng yè zhě) which means ‘entrepreneur’.
- If you have a question for us, please send us a voicemail or leave us a message below!
People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
- Written Chinese is our sponsor
- If you’re interested in learning Chinese, check out our WCC Dictionary app!
- Send us a Voicemail!
- Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Two White Chicks Facebook page!
- Learn about drinking culture and 白酒 in China!
- Shout out to Shenzhenstuff.com and Shenzhenparty.com for job listings and networking events!
Episode Length 1:09:10
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next Thursday for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners!
If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Or download to your Android device using Stitcher
- Download the Chinese app 荔枝FM (Lizhi FM) and search for Two White Chicks in China or FM854237. Follow the instructions for using Lizhi here.
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!
- Alternatively, you can leave us a comment below!
Thanks for listening guys!
– Hollie & Nora