This is Episode 8 of Two White Chicks in China with Hollie and Nora!
This week our question comes from Bendik in Norway who asks us in brilliant Chinese “What things do you miss about your home countries?”
In This Episode We Talk About…
- A love sick girl who Guangzhou who accuses her own parents of kidnapping her!
- Bendik’s question.
- Food – obviously!
- A comfortable home: a fireplace, carpets and coziness.
- Quality household goods.
- Cool clothes that don’t come in ‘One size fits all’. Check out more about shopping in China by listening to Episode 4
- Stars and a connection with Mother Nature.
- “No Foreigners Allowed!”
- Hiking up stairs.
- Live music and cover bands.
- “You can be anything!” vs Chinese pragmatism.
- Art and creativity.
- You can check out more about music in China by listening to Episode 6
- Physical books and personal belongings.
- If you have a story about your life in China you can share it with us here.
- Insane driving and loud horns.
- Taobao – the best thing since sliced bread!
- Convenience of eCommerce and paying someone to ‘do your bidding’!
- Calling for beers and bbq at 3am.
- Mobile apps like 滴滴打车 (dī dī dǎ chē) and We Chat.
- Our Chinese word of the week is ‘Stuff’ – 东西 (dōng xi)
- Send us a voicemail!
People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
Episode Length 35:42
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next Wednesday for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners!
If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!
Thanks for listening guys!
– Hollie & Nora