Welcome back to Two White Chicks in China with Hollie and Nora!
Today we’re joined by one of our listeners, Chris, who lives in Shenzhen and actually sent us the question from Episode9!
Our question this week comes from Gerard from the Netherlands and he asks us “How often do you hear people talking about you?”
In This Episode We Talk About…
- Chris, our special guest.
- Comments from our listeners!
- Have you heard of the Armpit Hair Competition, The Belly Button Challenge, and the newest ‘craze’ to hit China, The Collarbone Challenge?
- Join Chris’s Back Knee Challenge on Instagram! 😀
- Dirty looks and ‘protecting’ their flock.
- Nobody holds doors
- Queuing, or not.
- Eating loudly. Learn the word for ‘a group of people eating‘ in Chinese.
- Blowing your nose without a tissue.
- “When will you get married?”
- Table and tea drinking etiquette.
- No thank yous.
- “Gan Bei!”
- Explore the idea!
- Our Chinese word of the week is ‘polite/manners’ – 礼貌 (lǐ mào)
- If you have a question for us, please send us a voicemail or leave us a message below!
- If you want to contact Chris, you can get him on his blog and on twitter @chrisedwards_au
People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
Episode Length 01:09:28
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next Thursday for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners!
If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Or download to your Android device using Stitcher
- Download the Chinese app 荔枝FM (Lizhi FM) and search for Two White Chicks in China or FM854237. Follow the instructions for using Lizhi here.
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!
- Alternatively, you can leave us a comment below!
Thanks for listening guys!
– Hollie & Nora