This week our question comes from Ted, who asks us “What is materialism like in China?”
If you want to ask us a question just go to our voicemail page and leave us your question!
In This Episode We Talk About.
- A review – thanks!
- Global Times asks foreigners living in China if they like being called ‘laowai’
- Ted’s Question
- Some statistics on materialism in China
- The birth of consumerism
- The ‘bigger’ the better
- Aggression and demand
- Article: China’s Ultra-Materialism Explained
- Our word of the week is ‘nouveau riche’ 土豪 (tǔ háo)
- DON’T FORGET TO CLAIM YOUR FREE WRITTEN CHINESE DICTIONARY FLASHCARDS! Use the promocode ‘twowhitechicks’ for your free set of dating flashcards. Read these instructions to claim your Chinese flashcards!
- If you have a question for us, please send us a voicemail or leave us a message below!
People and Companies We Mentioned in the Show
- Written Chinese is our sponsor
- To learn more Chinese words, you can try out our Online Dictionary, or alternatively, you can check out our Written Chinese Dictionary app!
- Check our new desktop reader from Loqu8.
- Send us a Voicemail!
- Visit us and give us a ‘like’ on our Two White Chicks Facebook page!
Episode Length 00:45:03
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for our next topic and another question from one of our listeners!
If you want to ask us a question you can Send us a Voicemail!
- Direct Download: Right-click here and click “Save As” for a direct download
- iTunes: Listen and subscribe on iTunes for free!
- Or download to your Android device using Stitcher
- Download the Chinese app 荔枝FM (Lizhi FM) and search for Two White Chicks in China or FM854237. Follow the instructions for using Lizhi here.
- If you enjoyed this episode, leave a positive review on iTunes!
- Alternatively, you can leave us a comment below!
Thanks for listening, guys!
– Hollie & Nora